Subjects and Qualifications
(1) Freshmen: International students (excluding exchange students and non-degree students) applying for the undergraduate, master and doctoral programs based on the Admission Brochure for International Students of NCUE.
(2) Graduate (including master and doctoral programs) students: International students who are officially enrolled “with an average grade of 80 or above in the preceding academic year without any record of misconduct and with the conduct grade of 80 or above in each semester”.
Application Deadlines and Methods
(1) Freshmen: Freshmen shall apply for awards when applying for admission to NCUE. Applicants shall select the type of admission awards when filling in the admission application form.
(2) Graduate (including master and doctoral programs) students: Graduate students shall apply for awards and submit for assessment every year before July 31 by submitting the transcript of the preceding academic year, the recommendation letter of the advisor (or mentor or director of department), and other supporting documents to the departments, which shall send the submission to the Office of
(1) Freshmen (including undergraduate, master and doctoral programs): Tuition and fees exemption and free student dormitory for the first year.
(2) Students under the Elite Study in Taiwan Program (ESIT) of the Ministry of Education are subject to the regulations of the Ministry of Education and NCUE.
(3) Graduate (including master and doctoral programs) students: Tuition and fees exemption and free student dormitory for the second year; basic tuition and fees exemption and free student dormitory for the third year.
(4) Students receiving the awards shall not apply for other relevant awards of NCUE repeatedly.
(1) Undergraduate program: First year of admission.
(2) Master program: Up to 2 years in principle (including the first year of admission).
(3) Doctoral program: Up to 3 years in principle (including the first year of admission).
In special circumstances, the timeframe may be extended by the departments or colleges based on the good deeds or other good performance of applicants.
The Office of Academic Affairs shall submit the list of applicants to the “Student Admission Award Assessment Team” for assessment, and submit the results of the assessment to the President for approval. Upon approval of the President, the Office of Academic Affairs shall process related fee exemptions.
For more information, please visit "Key Points for Enrollment Incentive to International Students of National Changhua University of Education" on the website of the Office of International and Cross-strait Affairs in NCUE
Contact Person: Mr. Yav Tel: +886-4-723-2105 ext. 5115
Please refer to the website once the information is changed.